Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Christie Lee


It’s been a bit hectic over here. It seems that I’ve done something to please that great piano man in the sky.

My callback for the improv group went really well! It was a ton of fun and I'll keep ya'll updated on that later.

I got an EXTREMELY small part in a student film.

An update on things I’ve learned that Billy didn’t tell me about New York:

-Never tell an Italian man that you're babysitting for that you’re just going to boil up some pasta and put some butter on it for dinner, unless you want a free cooking class. He’ll refuse to take his wife out to dinner without first leaving you elaborate instructions on how you’re going to make your sauce. This includes: how many handfuls of salt are necessary, the CORRECT way to crush garlic, the exact moment that red peppers should be added, and the merits of going against purists and indulging in some parmesan cheese on top. On that note does anybody want to come over for dinner soon?



- When Billy Sang about Mulberry Street he never once mentioned my favorite barber shop to stare into. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to take a peak at any of the guys or anything, it’s just that the barber shop ALSO sells jewelry. Which is an amazing idea if you thing about it. Now men don’t have an excuse for not buying you a necklace or some earrings, if they can do it while they’re getting their hair cut. The only foreseeable problem? Do I really trust the dude who's cutting your hair a little too short in front with my Valentine's Day gift?



-Speaking of stores close by, I recently found a bar/restaurant that’s one block away from me named Brinkley’s. At first I was angry with Christie Lee for trying to approach on my turf, but then I remembered that she was an uptown girl and there’s no way she’d own a restaurant south of 14h street. At least that’s what I keep telling my self.



-When it rains in New York, entire subways hubs become flooded. Meaning a twenty minute straight shoot from uptown to downtown Manhattan can take over an hour and half. During this hour and half you will undoubtedly be cold, wet, and miserable. On the bright side, it’s the perfect time to eavesdrop on conversations about how the world is definitely going to end in 2012.



-Staten Island, for all intensive purposes, should NEVER be visited by anybody who didn’t grow up there. Any “opportunity” that brings you there should be avoided. But that’s a story I’ll save for my next post.

So there you have it. Sorry it’s been so long since my last update. On the bright side, since I know your lives revolve around my updates, I’ve already written another solid entry to be posted here Wednesday about my journey to New York City’s finest borough.


No comments:

Post a Comment