Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Temptation

It’s been 67 hours since the last time I ate anything other than brown rice, water, vegetables and fruits. That’s right: I’m on a Brown Rice Detox Diet.

My roommates and I started the diet Sunday and I won’t be able to eat normally until Friday. While I should be excited about being half way through, all I can personally thing about is cheese, salt, and soda pop. When not thinking of those I’m fantasizing about meat, chocolate, bread, noodles, cereal and milk.

I woke up this morning from a dirty dream about crepes.

After opening a yogurt for a toddler I was babysitting yesterday I licked the lid on reflex. I didn’t realize what I had done until tears sprung to my eyes in delight of the sweet creamy dairy taste. It was a very emotional moment.

Hughie took two bites out of his pizza today and said he had enough and wanted some fruit snacks. I nearly strangled him for being so ungrateful of the slice of the greatest and greasiest cheese slice in the entire East Village.


If I'm going to make in through the next few days I'll need a little help from Joel:


Our Billy who art in the River of Dreams,

the Piano Man be your title;

The Just the Way You Are,

Keeping your Faith

As it is in All About Soul,

I Didn’t Start the Fire,

but I Go To Extremes for you;

So lead me not into Temptation

but deliver me from dairy, meat and sweets,

for the next few days. And So it Goes.

3 comments:

  1. "Rivers of Dreams" was my jam back in the day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. River of Dreams is such a classic. I used to turn that song up to the max on my boom box and dance of my bed like crazy. I'm so glad to have met another fan! Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete