Thursday, December 3, 2009

Moving Out


I’m Moving Out


…and into the bedroom next door.


I officially move December 15th. While I normally hate goodbyes, this is one that I think I’ll be able to make without going too sentimental.


Goodbye closet with a distinct odor, dirty white walls, strange picture drawn in sharpie and a window that only looks into the alleyway. Farewell bookshelf that doubles as a dresser, the overhead light bulb with only a white trash bag to serve as lamp shade, and disgusting curtains. I’ll always cherish the memories I had within your walls: finding that dead mouse the day I moved in, sleeping on that disgusting mattress on the floor while having a cough that might have very well have been TB, and that day that I couldn’t find the chair that belonged to my desk because somebody left it on the roof...


I’m off to better things though. A bigger room with two windows, freshly painted walls, a slightly bigger closet, ect. ect.,


It’ll do until Billy Joel comes to sweep me off my feet.


Speaking of Billy, he never taught me how to write a craigslist ad.


No, I’m not writing a personal ad; I know none will ever top that one about all the Harry Potter characters.


Though I am thinking of writing a "missed connections" one about a certain bald man in his sixties who was seen playing piano in front of thousands of people...


I’m currently working on the craigslist ad for advertising the soon to be vacant room. It’s a strange experience, trying to talk up a room I’ve ragged on so frequently. Luckily I did spend a whole month and a half reading nothing but ads on craiglist until I found this room, so it should go well.


If I say that the room has “a lot of character,” do you think I’m being too obvious? How about the word “cozy?”

No comments:

Post a Comment