Monday, January 11, 2010

This Night

I’m back in New York after a long weekend in Baltimore. It was good to relax and see family and friends. I got to see the Ravens crush the Patriots on television on Sunday, making it the first full football game I got to see this season; the things I give up for the sake of my dreams are truly dreadful.

This night has been all about implementing all of those New Year’s resolutions that I spoke of last time. That means I’ve had a very serious a long date with Craigslist while scanning for both apartments and jobs (and of course “missed connections,” incase Billy is looking for me).

So far there’s a few leads on the Apartment front; nothing that’s really jumping out at me, but for the rent I’m looking to pay that’s too be expected. I’m mostly looking to stay around the same area, I figure I should completely conquer the Lower East Side before taking on another neighborhood, though I’m open to suggestions if you have a friend that’s dying to live with me (which I know you all do).

The job search is going just swimmingly. I had a few job interviews which went well, though nothing seems to be in the bag just yet. I’ve found that I usually do a lot better when there’s a guy who’s doing the interviewing. Don’t know what that says about yours truly, but I’m not gonna worry about it too much.

I’ve gone back to looking for auditions. It’s looking far more promising this time around than it did in November when I was last looking at casting calls. I’ll write more later this week as auditions and interviews come up.

As for some of my other, more serious resolutions, Netflix is starting to better predict what movies I actually want to see, which goes to show that my dedication to the site is growing. My sister gave me a cook book when I was home and tonight I made myself taco salad. I expect to have my own gourmet cooking show by the end of the year (I only hope that I can be half as successful as the Swedish Chef). I’m planning to go see a play on both Wednesday and Friday and I’m updating this blog as we speak. So far, I’m only failing on the meeting Billy Joel and other famous people front. I’m ashamed that its two weeks into January and I’m lagging, but there’s still time to fulfill my resolutions.

Anyway, let me know if you have an apartment in New York with a nice tv and a couch so I can invite myself over to watch the Ravens vs. the Colts game Saturday night. I will forever love you and be in your debt if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment