Friday, January 1, 2010

Everybody has a dream

Well this year has been crazy.

I started off January of last year still at DePaul with some of the greatest people I’ve ever met, loving every second of Chicago. Well, that was a lie, I didn’t really love the cold, a couple of my acting classes, or the cut, but I generally loved life and don’t remember a single day I was there when I wasn’t laughing.

Then came summer, where things got flipped upside down and suddenly I was obsessed with finding a way that I could move to New York and try to jump start my dream. This obsession cost me 4 trips up to the city until I found the hole in the wall where I currently reside.

Then came the epic job search of fall 2009. This also included the time when I had my worst audition ever and getting fired for the first time in my life. Following the job search was the time of having two jobs and working 60 hour work weeks. It was hella tiring, but I've also had an incredibly fun time with new and old friends and getting to know the city since moving here.

Thank Joel, Billy was there to see me through it all; the good and the bad.

It has been a big year for Billy and I as I've been chasing my dream, and I couldn’t have done it without him. A little bit of credit going to the support of my family and friends. After all, they do let me listen to Billy’s music whenever I so desire.

So without any further ado I bring you my list of 10 New Years Resolutions to make my dreams for 2010 and beyond a reality:

  1. Spend at least 20 minutes every day searching for auditions. Gotta get your big break somehow.

  1. Get another job. Gotta pay those bills.

  1. Meet Billy. Gotta get you big break somehow and pay those bills.

  1. See more plays.

  1. Buy a cookbook, man can’t live off bacon, mac&cheese, eggs, and potatoes alone.

  1. Find a job that doesn’t include using nail polish remover all the time. Billy probs doesn’t like girls with gross hands.

  1. Take advantage of Netflix like nobody’s business.

  1. Have more run-ins with famous people. They might know Billy.

  1. Find a new apartment.

  1. Update this more often. No other way to get my family off my back.

So there you have it 10 resolutions for 2010. I had an excellently random and fun New Years Eve last night, and I hope all who read this did as well. I’ll leave you with something Hughie said to me yesterday that made my day:

Billy Joel on the Radio: I've been stranded in the combat zone, I walked through Bedford Stuy alone, Even rode my motorcycle in the rain

Hughie: He shouldn’t do that! That’s dangerous!

Tolly: You maybe right, he may be crazy.

Hughie: He IS crazy!

Happy New Years

1 comment:

  1. “The good ole days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems.” -Billy

    ReplyDelete