Wednesday, October 28, 2009

She's Right on Time

After an incredibly boring week, where I had to make my own adventures, a lot of stuff has happened “right on time” this week.

Waking up Right on Time

After a weekend of going every which way with friends from both in town and out, I woke up late on Monday to a text message from my roommate. Her boss, the one who I had given a fake resume to, was working completely by himself in his restaurant without a single waitress (because the more experienced girl he hired instead of me is an idiot and can’t read a work schedule) and was desperate. I got showered and got dressed and helped out there for a few hours and got paid $15 an hour for four hours just for coming in so last minute.

Class Starting Right on Time

I started my acting class, and it went really well! It was a really strange experience though. I’m the youngest by several years and a couple of the actors are way old, like over 50 old. There’s one man who must be approaching 70, and let me tell you, watching somebody who would play my Grandpa try to play “Zip, Zap, Zop” is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Every time somebody would try to “zip” him, he’d take appro 45 seconds to process is and would then spit out “zop” instead of “zap.” I’m sure if you’re not an actor and reading this that just made no sense, but trust me, if you were, you’d appreciate it.

Most of the people in my class are going on auditions for commercials, theater, and tv stuff at least 2 or 3 times a week; in other words a lot more busy with this stuff than I am. I’m really happy being on the more inexperienced level in terms of auditioning, because I think I have some of the most to gain from the other students. It'll be interesting to hear about peoples experiences and what kinds of stuff they usually see before I start really jumping into the thick of things.

“Taking a holiday from the neighborhood” (yes that’s a Billy reference) Right on Time

I’m hopping a flight to Chicago this Friday, so don’t expect another update from me until next week. I’m off to visit my biddies and celebrate Halloween up in style. I guess I wont be learning any valuable lessons about surviving the Halloween Parade or learn how the hell children trick-or-treat in this city until next year. When I return from Chicago I’ll be starting up work at the ornament shop, continuing with my acting class, and will hopefully learn a thing or two about how you get work as an actor in this city. Things are about to get really busy really fast for me, and, as far as I’m concerned, it couldn’t happen at a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment